Author: Donna Sky for the Love & Hummus Co
Try this easy recipe for a fun twist on our favorite bean. Crispy chickpeas are fun to take on the go, toss into a salad for extra crunch, or enjoy by the handful as another great gluten-free snack.
- 1.5 cups of dried garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Soak 1.5 cups of chickpeas for 8 to 12 hrs.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 1 hour, or until tender but not falling apart.
- Strain and arrange on a baking sheet, toss with extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until desired crunchiness
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
- For an extra kick, sprinkle with crushed pepper flakes.