Caramelized Garlic Hummus Crostini
Author: Donna Sky for the Love & Hummus Co
Serves: 24 pieces
- 1 jar of Caramelized Garlic Love & Hummus
- 1 pound of shitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of good olive oil
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of ghee (we like Ancient Organics ghee)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or flat leaf parsley
- French baguette cut into 24 slices
- For Crostini: Slice baguette into 24 pieces. Brush with olive oil and toast. Set aside until needed.
- For Mushrooms: Clean and slice mushrooms. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan, then add the mushrooms, salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat for 6 minutes stirring often.
- Stir in the sliced garlic and ghee, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Toss in half of the cilantro or flat leaf parsley.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- For Hummus: Open a jar of your favorite flavor of Love & Hummus (we love the Caramelized Garlic flavor for this recipe).
- Arrange crostini on a beautiful platter or cutting board.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of hummus on each round.
- Then a scoop of the sautéed shitake mushrooms on top.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro or flat leaf parsley, and serve.
Recipe by Love & Hummus at http://loveandhummus.com/caramelized-garlic-hummus-crostini/