Spicy Deviled Eggs with Harissa Hummus
Author: Donna Sky at Love & Hummus Co.
Serves: 24 pieces
We’ve added a twist and a little heat to this cool retro appetizer. Give it a try at your next picnic or cocktail party, and see how fast they disappear.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- One 8oz jar of Love & Hummus Co. organic Spicy Harissa Hummus
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 table spoons of fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon of fleur de sel
- Boil eggs in a large pot for 4 minutes.
- Cover pot and remove from heat.
- Let the eggs sit in the pot for 10 minutes.
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon, and place in a bowl of ice water.
- After a few minutes remove shells from each egg and rinse under cold water.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out egg yolks and put 6 of the yolks in a medium bowl.
- Add Spicy Harissa Hummus and olive oil, and mash by hand or in a food processor.
- Spoon or pipe filling into egg white halves.
- Garnish with fleur de sel, a drizzle of olive oil, and fresh chopped cilantro, or your favorite herb.
- Arrange on a platter, and serve.